Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Cheeseburger Diet

So I went for what I thought was my final dress fitting today.  Yes, I realize scheduling my appointment only a few short days after my bachelorette party AND while its my time of the month may not be the best combination, but hey I had been thinking skinny thoughts all day so I thought I was in the clear.  

I arrive at the store (again, thinking skinny), and head on back to the alterations department.  As they bring the dress out I immediately regret having that delicious piece of strawberry shortcake last night.  I proceed to step into the dress and pull it up.  What happens next is best described in dialogue:

Alterations lady (From here on out I'll refer to her as AL for abreving reasons): "Turn around, let me have a look at the corset". 

As I turn around I only pray that it was my short arms that were the reason I couldn't come close to fastening the corset myself.

Me: "Um, Ok."

AL: "WOW"

Me: "What?  Did I lose so much weight that now you have to sew in an extra hook and eye on the inner side of the corset?"  

AL: "NO!  I can't even fasten the outer buttons"

Me: "Oh"
Hmm...that's strange.  I swear I thought skinny all day

AL: "Have you lost ANY weight?!"

Me: "Well, I, er, um.....no"

AL: "What have you been eating then?"

Immediately I flash back to 2AM Saturday night while stuffing my face with an oversized checkers cheeseburger and fries.  As I contemplated telling the truth or lying and saying "salads", my oh so helpful sister chimes in with a chuckle and says "Chocolate!"

Great.  Thanks Molly.  My secret is officially out.  No, I have NOT been a crazy bride watching everything I eat.  Sure, I like to talk about how I can't eat this or I shouldn't eat that, but in the end when a beautiful piece of chocolate chip cookie cake is placed in front of my face I'm going to have a piece.  And when I finish that piece, I'll go back for seconds.




No comments:

Post a Comment