Thursday, December 15, 2011

My Next Adventure

2 days ago I ended a four year career at 22squared. I have nothing but amazing things to say about 22, but unfortunately I've reached a point in my life where I am less career-minded and more looking for a great work/life balance in order to a) share in all the special milestones Liam makes and b) spend as much time with my family as possible. While 22 is a fantastic place to work, they do not offer any part-time possibilities. I was able to work out a 3 month part-time option with them earlier this year, but that has now ended.

So, moving forward in my life, I have taken a part-time position as a project manager at a small agency right around the corner from my house. Most likely I'll be working three days a week and the other two days will be staying home with Liam. I'm very sad to be leaving 22, but at the same time, very excited at this new opportunity. The flexibility is amazing and I feel fortunate that I have been able to find such a job.

My new job does not start until January, so for the next three weeks I will be enjoying the holidays, friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment