Monday, December 19, 2011

Scary Sunday

Yesterday was tough. I debated whether or not to blog about this, but in the end I felt that I wanted to share with everyone and my mom, just how much she means to me.

Yesterday I received a call from my sister around 12:00PM that my mom had fallen down the stairs at my parent's house and was unconscious. Immediately my heart stopped and I began shaking and crying. She went on to tell me that she was on her way over to the house and that my dad told her the paramedics were on the way. The next 20 minutes or so are kind of a blur. Josh and I were not home when we got the news, so we drove straight home and I just panicked while I waited to hear back from my sister. What seemed like an hour later (but was probably 10 minutes), my sister called to tell me that she had woken back up and was responsive. They took her to North Fulton hospital (because it has a trauma center) and I headed straight there.

The rest of the day was spent with my mom, dad and sister in the ER. Miraculously she had no broken bones and only a few scratches/cuts here and there. The CAT scan did show some blood on the brain due to the trauma so they kept her overnight to monitor her and make sure the leak stopped. As of this morning things are looking good. She is still feeling pretty good, all things considered, and the bleeding has stopped. Looks like they are going to keep her one more night to monitor her and then hopefully she can go home tomorrow.

I always say that I hate it takes something like this to put things in perspective, but sometimes it does. Yesterday was such a scary day for me. My mom has endured so much over the past few years and to see her remain so strong and positive is not only amazing, but inspiring. Now that I am a mom myself, I appreciate everything she has done for me on a whole new level. She is truly an inspiration and I am so happy that Liam is able to know and love his Grammy as much as I do. The fact that my mom is ok, is the best Christmas present I could ask for. I love you mom!!


My mom, my dad and their five grandsons :)

No comments:

Post a Comment