Friday, January 6, 2012

9 months



I know you all think i'm crazy because I think I say this every 3 months, but today Liam turned 9 months old and I honestly and truly think THIS is the best age :) We are having a blast right now!! Everyone kept telling me that once Liam started crawling I would wish he wasn't, but I honestly feel the opposite. It's like he has this new found freedom all the sudden and he doesn't fuss because he can't reach a toy or because he is sick of the toy he is playing with. Instead he just crawls right over to whatever he wants and no fuss needed. It is great! Josh and I have actually been able to do things on our own and not spend every waking second helping Liam get another toy. Now don't get me wrong, there is the drawback of having to watch your kid even closer than before, but luckily Liam makes grunts and squeals when he crawls (at least right now) so we are fully aware of his whereabouts at all times.

Today we had our 9 month check up. Only 1 shot which was a nice change of pace from our 6 month/4 shot check up. This was the first time that we walked into the Dr's office and he actually remembered and knew that this was a place he did not want to be. He was fine, until the second I put him up on the table he started SCREAMING! Amazing to see that he actually remembers that the table is where he gets the dreaded shots. Everything checked out great. The Dr. called him a "little ham" because he was smiling and sticking his tongue out the whole time. Crazy to think that our next apt is our 1 year check up. I'm still in denial that I will have a 1 year old soon!

Liam's stats this check up:
weight: 22 lbs / 77%
height: 28.5in / 60%

2 comments: