Monday, July 2, 2012

We are eating....sort of

So we had a break through in the Murphy house last week.  Liam ate table food!  As most of you know, Liam would eat purees all day long, but the second we would offer him table food, he would put it in his mouth, chew around and then spit it out.  He just WOULD.NOT.SWALLOW.  This has been going on for quite some time, so I'm sure you can imagine my surprise when I offered him his usual ravioli and peaches for dinner one evening and he swallowed them.  Both!  And he proceeded to eat a lot of them.  Fast forward to the next morning, I gave him peanut butter toast and he ate the whole thing.  Did not even want his baby food.  Since then we have eaten pancakes, vienna sausages, anything with peanut butter on it and goldfish.  There are still things he will spit out, so we are unfortunately not 100% off baby food, but I think we are on our way.  I've always figured it would happen eventually, but at the same time have gotten so used to him just eating purees, that I am utterly still in shock.  Fingers crossed we keep progressing and can stop these baby foods all together within the next few months!

1 comment: