Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tylenol Only

So I've been meaning to post about this for awhile, but among all the other little adventures surrounding this event, it has fallen by the wayside. So, low and behold, here comes my feelings surrounding all the drugs that you can't have when pregnant but supposedly are OK for you while you are not pregnant...WTF?! How is that just because I'm carrying another life around all other drugs (Tylenol aside) suddenly become unsafe? Doesn't my own life count for something? Even if I'm without child, should I really be putting these things in my body if they could potentially harm a baby? This is something I have a real issue with.

Some things to ponder:

- Why is Tylenol OK when pregnant and Advil is not? I'm thinking I probably should not be taking Advil ever again. Clearly it has something harmful in it.

- Why is sweetner NOT OK when pregnant but all other times it is a free for all? Um, no thank you. If it could kill my child, I better not indulge myself.

- Why is only one cup of caffeine allowed when pregnant but all other times the caffeine can flow. Again, clearly caffeine has harmful effects so I think I'll enjoy one cup a day for the rest of my life.

- Prior to getting pregnant I was a huge proponent of Pepto Bismol...I literally called it the miracle drug. Well, imagine my disappointment when I reached for my trusty drug at the first sign of some stomach pains in the first trimester and there in big bold letters on the side was "NOT RECOMMENDED FOR THOSE WHO ARE PREGNANT OR BREASTFEEDING". UGH! My so called miracle drug is apparently a killer drug. I guess that is why i called it the miracle drug...clearly if it can take care of 90 different ailments there is probably something pretty lethal in there. Pass!

Well Tylenol, you have just acquired a new brand advocate. Our entire medicine cabinet is now full of Tylenol only drugs. Nice Work.

No comments:

Post a Comment