Friday, January 21, 2011

Home Stretch

This past Monday we officially started our 3rd trimester (28 weeks). I can't believe it! I remember when I first found out I was pregnant I truly felt like the 3rd trimester was light years away. And now, its here. Just as everyone said the 2nd trimester was a breeze and much easier than the first and I can already tell will be much easier than the 3rd. I'm definitely at the point where I'm starting to feel the affects of my ever growing belly. Sleeping is difficult...as I mentioned last time, without a pillow my sleep would be non-existent, so thankfully I have that. However, making sure the pillow is constantly under you when you change sides is enough to ensure your sleep is disrupted every night. Not to mention the constant kicks and movements throughout the night as well as the bathroom breaks every couple of hours. Sum it all up and what you have is a not so restful nights sleep. In addition, my stomach is getting so large that it is just flat out getting in the way and to think that it is supposed to grow the most these last couple of months truly freaks me out. I'll be lucky if I'm able to walk by the end. You know how they always say if barbie were real she would topple over?! I'm afraid I'm going to feel that way, only it will be due to a large gut vs. amazing boobs.

I've also noticed that Dr's visits are getting less and less exciting and more and more monotonous lately. Here's the drill: pee in a cup, weigh in, get blood pressure checked, have Dr. check heartbeat and measure stomach and done. It is down to a science. I'm usually in and out in 20 minutes or less. Now instead of doing that drill every month I get to do it every 2 weeks...awesome.

In other news, we have our first baby class tomorrow. I'm very excited and I'm sure this will make for one heck of a post next week. Tomorrow's class is "Baby Essentials". We (and I stress we for the sake of my husband) will learn how to change diapers, bathe the baby, feed the baby...you know, all the basics. Should be classic. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment