Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I (I mean we) Survived!

This past week, Josh went on a Bachelor party in Costa Rica and left me, Liam and Polly to fend for ourselves for 4 days. To say I was a bit anxious is an understatement.

I knew I could handle it just fine...what I didn't know was whether I would be able to keep my sanity for those 4 days. Well, I was pleasantly surprised! Liam did great! He slept great (except for the last night but 3 out of 4 is pretty good), ate great, and was all around very happy the whole time. The hardest parts were definitely the weekday mornings. Getting to work on time without Josh to help out with Liam or Polly was hard. And I had to get up extra early in order to get everything done. Phew, I'm just tired thinking about it.

Besides that, I packed our days with walks, play-dates, time with girlfriends in the evenings and a full day at Grammy/Granddaddy's and Aunt Molly's. It was actually a really fun four days but I will say I was SUPER excited when Josh walked in the door Sunday afternoon. I really have a new respect for all the single parents out there. Its hard enough when you have a team, but doing it all on your own is on a whole other level!

Here's a pic of the playdate Liam and I had with our neighbor. She has a son who is 2 weeks younger than Liam. We enjoyed some much needed vino while the boys enjoyed each other :)

No comments:

Post a Comment