Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Walking and Uh Oh

Liam officially has his first word and it is "uh oh". Of course he babbles up a storm yelling and screaming dadadadada and mamamamama, etc, but we can tell that he really doesn't understand what those words mean. However, "uh oh" is different. This past Saturday, we were all sitting at the table eating breakfast when Liam dropped some of his food on the floor and immediately said "UH OH". I looked right up at Josh and he said to me "did he just say his first word?". We both figured it was a fluke, but then the rest of the morning and all afternoon whenever he dropped something it was followed by "uh oh". It is so cute and I can't get enough of him saying it. Of course, I would have loved for his first word to by mommy, but hey, I guess "uh oh" will have to do :) I tried to get it on video this morning and however with the camera rolling he refused. Finally after about the 10th try I got it.


In addition to saying "uh oh" over and over and over again, Liam's absolute favorite activity right now is practicing walking. We don't have a walker, but we do have a little car that has a high back which he can push and use to walk with. I swear this kid can't get enough of the thing. Whenever he runs into a wall and can't turn around he begins screaming because he wants to keep going that badly. We probably do this activity 50 times a day (and sadly I'm not exaggerating).

No comments:

Post a Comment