Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My Dog Can Smell My Pregnancy From A Mile Away

According to Babycenter.com, "It's common for dogs to go on alert and become overprotective of their expecting owner from the very beginning of her pregnancy. Other dogs will treat their pregnant owner with more attention and care than usual."

In my experience, the above is an extreme understatement! Yes, I'm absolutely 100% in love with my dog, but she has become completely obsessed with me lately. For instance, in the past it was perfectly normal for me to wake up in the early morning to go to the gym, all while she was sound asleep on the floor aware of my being up, but not in the least bit interested. She could care less that I was awake at an ungodly hour because all she knew was that it was NOT time to get up. HOWEVER, in the last few weeks my alarm will go off as usual, I'll barely get my feet on the floor before she shoots straight up runs over to me and proceeds to follow me around the entire room while i get dressed for the gym. Lately she has even gone as far as literally coming into the closet with me. And this is just the morning. Imagine how the entire day goes. It essentially involves her following my every footstep and greeting me enthusiastically every time I enter the room even though I have just seen her 5 minutes prior.

Now many of you might think this is sweet, but let me tell you, when you have something following your every move 24 hrs a day it gets super annoying. For once, I would like to go to the bathroom without a companion.

This is a picture of Josh attempting to get a picture of JUST me and my little bump, but look who popped in unexpectedly. Heaven forbid if Josh tries to get me alone for 10 sec to take a picture.





Have any of my other mommy friends every experienced this? If so, would love to hear how you dealt with it. I think I need to join a support group....

No comments:

Post a Comment