Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My First Sober Wedding

First of all, let me start off by saying this title is a little mis-leading. I'm not usually drunk at all weddings. However, I do usually enjoy a good wedding and along with that some good vino. Two weekends ago one of my closest friends got married and it was officially my first zero alcohol wedding (not counting the weddings I went to prior to the legal drinking age).

This was truly an experience. Let me start by saying I love to dance. And weddings are the best place for this. However, what I learned the other weekend is that without a little alcohol to get my blood flowing, my dance moves are terrible. My mentality going into the night was to just pretend I felt amazing (not dead tired), pretend I had a little alchy in me (not stone cold sober) and dance the night away like I normally would. Well, I succeeded in all of these, but when I stepped out on that dance floor without an ounce of "feel good medicine" I froze. I couldn't think of ANY moves. I did a standard back and forth motion and while I watched as my friends around me came up with a thousand different moves I was completely at a loss. It was sad. And depressing. Luckily they were all too drunk too notice ;)

Here are some pics from the wedding night.....a little bump is forming!







No comments:

Post a Comment