Thursday, February 3, 2011

Babymooning

So this past weekend, Josh and I did a little babymooning. According to the trusty Wikipedia, a babymoon "describes a vacation taken by a couple that is expecting a baby in order to allow the couple to enjoy a final trip together before the many sleepless nights that usually accompany a newborn baby. Babymoons usually take place at a resort that offers appropriate services like prenatal massage."

Well, I can tell you we did not enjoy any prenatal massages, but we did enjoy some total relaxation. We decided a few weeks ago that we were going to hit up Puerto Rico for some warm weather, fruity non-alchy drinks (for me anyway) and pool time.

For most of my pregnancy I've been in cold weather, so experiencing the heat at almost 8 months pregnant was an eye opener to say the least. While having the luxury of jumping in the pool at any moment was not only nice but a necessity, I still managed to get 2 (yes 2) migraines on our trip that I'm 100% attributing to the heat. I've always had migraines but since I've been pregnant they have literally disappeared (which I thank my lucky stars for every day considering that you can ONLY take Tylenol when preggers and for anyone who has had a migraine you understand that taking Tylenol with a migraine is similar to taking absolutely nothing). In addition, I've also been lucky (knock on wood) to have minimal if any swelling...well we were in Puerto Rico for not more than 5 hours and my wedding rings were already stuck on my finger. SO, one of the main things this babymoon did for me is make me realize that I need to NEVER get pregnant in the summer (lets see if I can actually make that happen).

Some other highlights from the weekend include lounging by the pool, reading books, having people ask me a million and one questions about my baby and when it was due or what I was having, swimming with my large belly hanging out, getting a tan on my front and staying stark white on my back, meeting Trey from Phish (I kid you not), eating some hearty greasy Puerto Rican food (literal name is Mofongo - see picture), watching movies and of course sleeping!


Belly Pic #1

Relaxing

Close up belly pic

Mofongo - I warned you

Belly pic #3

Trey's back. This was the best I could do...if you don't believe me see my facebook wall

No comments:

Post a Comment