Tuesday, February 14, 2012

10 months

So, per usual, I'm a week late on posting Liam's 10 month update. Oh well, at least I didn't forget about it completely.

Last Monday Liam turned 10 months old. 10 months people! Where the heck has the time gone. I'm not joking when I say it feels like a month ago that I was at the hospital in the worst pain of my life. And yet here we are, February, and in 2 months it will have been a year since "biggy" was born. Crazy. In 2 more months we will no longer have a baby...we will officially have a toddler!

This age has been very fun and challenging at the same time. For one he is insanely mobile (which I realize will only get worse once he is walking), teething up a storm (cut bottom 2 teeth a month ago, cut first top tooth this weekend and 2nd top tooth is days away), and working on table food skills (see prior post). However, at the same token, he is such a blast, loves to mimic sounds, into screaming at the top of his lungs (which I find very cute), and gets beyond excited to see mommy, daddy or polly (I'm talking HUGE grin, legs and arms start flailing).

At 10 months, Liam is:
- Easily pulling up to a stand on EVERYTHING without any hesitation
- Can climb stairs by himself
- Cruising on furniture
- Taking 2 naps which lately have both been about 1 1/2 hours (fingers crossed)
- Sleeping 7PM-@5:45AM
- Has 3 teeth (almost 4)
- Loves to play with any kid that is his age or a couple years older (truly doesn't matter who)
- Has grown a VERY strong attachment to his blankie.
- Favorite table foods: pancakes, fries, eggs, crackers and cheerios (oh so healthy, I know)

And here's the best I could do with pictures. These month pics are becoming IMPOSSIBLE. Fortunately I was able to get him to sit still for one second while I took a pic with Polly. Unfortunatley he just would NOT smile.






Love this picture. They are both looking at me like "Why do we have to do this again?"













Polly is such a good girl!










The ONLY smile I could get out of him. Shocker it was while he was standing (his favorite activity lately)












This one is great. Pretty much sums up a 10 month old. Took his sticker off right away and wanted to play with it.










Had to bring in reinforcements to distract him.

2 comments:

  1. he's so precious, i seriously just want to eat him up! so funny about the blanket, waylon has JUST in the last 2 weeks decided to fall in love with his blankie, too. i feel really bad for Clyde who Waylon tosses away like a dirty sock now. But the blankie excitement and cuddling at sleep times is really cute. Do you have extras as back-ups?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh... I love blankies! They make sleep time so much easier. BUT, if you're ever without it - aghhh! Annabelle had 1, lost it, bought for triple the cost on Ebady. Addie had 3, down to 2. And I just got Audrey's - 2 of them.
    Seeing pics of Liam makes me want to snuggle up with him on a rainy day. What.a.cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete