Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Daddy's Home

Josh got home on Sunday evening and we are so excited to have him back! Liam was very excited and kept squealing when Josh walked in...it was pretty much the cutest thing I've ever seen. Things actually went a LOT easier than I thought they would. Liam was great and the only real tough times were the mornings. He has started waking up around 5:30 lately and doesn't go back down for his nap till 9, so all that time in the morning without help can be tough (especially when I myself am dog tired). All in all though, Liam and I had a lot of fun trying some new and different activities together. Hopefully the next trip in our family though, is a min-vaca for yours truly. Josh came back really refreshed and I think it would be great for me to have a little weekend away. The last time I had this was in November and even then it was for a wedding so there wasn't a lot of "me" time. Maybe I can convince some girlfriends to take a little weekend with me ;).

Also, since Josh got home, we decided to try a new morning routine. With the new early wake times it was really wearing on the both of us, so we have now decided to rotate mornings with the 6-7 morning shift while the other one sleeps in. I have NO idea why it took us this long to do this. So far it has been fabulous! On my days, I'll get Liam out of his crib around 6 (even though he wakes at 5:30ish, we think that is WAY to early for him to actually get out of bed, so whether he plays/sleeps/cries, we will leave him in his crib until 6), we will play and watch some videos until 7 and then we get Josh up and we all have breakfast together around 7:15. So far this week I have slept until 7AM twice, and as sad as this may sound, I can honestly not remember the last time I did that. Hopefully as Liam gets a little older he will start to sleep in longer and we can all get up together in the future. For now, this is the best thing for all of us!


No comments:

Post a Comment