Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Just Keep Swimming, Just Keep Swimming

These wise words from Nemo keep playing in my head over and over again. I'm down to the last month and there are some days where I'm seriously not sure how I'm going to make it. It's not really that I'm so excited I just can't stand it anymore...I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm super excited to meet this little muffin, but I'm more just physically miserable! Some days my braxton hicks contractions are so bad that it is impossible to do anything other than lie down (which is obvi hard to do when I'm working all day long). I've also started in with swelling, which again isn't an every day thing but just decides to pop up here and there whenever its little heart desires. Those days are tough...24 hours seems tough..let alone 4 weeks!

However, every now and then I have a day like today. I get a good nights sleep, no contractions, feel pretty darn good (other than my belly getting in the way) and all in all don't have many complaints. Thankfully I have these days because they not only give me a glimmer of hope that I can make it, byut they also help me remember that this time is important for my babe to gain that extra fat. The longer he/she goes, the better for all of us. Sometimes it is just hard to think that way when you have a "keep swimming" day!

No comments:

Post a Comment