Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Taking Our Time

We had our weekly check-in today and it looks like baby Murph is not ready to make an appearance quite yet. I've been pretty hopeful lately considering I've been measuring ahead and progress was made last week, but this week it looks like we've slowed down. Doc said the head is fully engaged (which is no surprise to me considering the enormous amount of pressure I've been feeling) but unfortunately my cervix is just not doing much at the moment. I'm about a cm dilated but have been that for over week and he did not feel like it seemed to be close to changing. All in all, he is placing his bets on a due date or close to due date arrival. Sigh. I think it is hilarious because in reality that is only 2 weeks away but it just seems SO FAR! I was really hoping that he would tell us it could be any day now but that is not the case. In reality I'm only 38 weeks and not many people go into labor that early with their first, but hey, a girl can dream right?! I need to remind myself that the most important thing is that everything is still checking out good and healthy and baby Murph will join this world when he/she is ready.

Boy or Girl?
In other news, the debate about whether we are having a boy or a girl continues. A few weeks ago I was so convinced it was a boy and then recently things have been looking otherwise:

1. I went to get my nails done recently and the asian nail lady told me this time it was a girl! All along they have said boy and were very convincing about this and then low and behold, they throw me for a loop this past weekend when they tell me they are sure it is a girl.

2. The heart rate has been above 135 the past three visits. If you recall, one of the midwives told me early on that she thought it was a boy based off the fact that the heart rate was below 135. Well all three of my last visits have been 137 or higher.

3. Saw a friend I have not seen in a few months this past weekend and she was convinced my face had changed which everyone claims is a classic characteristic of having a girl.

I literally have ZERO idea at this point. The only thing I'm certain about is that we are having a baby :)

1 comment:

  1. I have also been convinced you're having a boy until the last couple of days! When I say a little prayer for Baby Murph each night, I don't have that "boy" vibe anymore. Maybe I should become an Asian Nail Lady. I'm dying to know and can't wait to meet him OR her!

    ReplyDelete