Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Let The Count Down Begin

Today I am 36 weeks and 3 days pregnant and already counting down the days! I know this could be potentially dangerous as there is a strong possibility I could go all the way to my due date or beyond which would put me at another 4 weeks or so. For some reason I'm convinced this is not physically possible so I'm keeping an optimistic outlook that it will be sooner rather than later.



Yesterday we had our doctor check up and we were also able to sneak in an ultrasound :) My Dr. is a family friend and made up an excuse for an ultrasound as both Josh and I were very anxious to see how the little one was doing since its been 16 weeks since our last one. I'm so glad we were given this opportunity...it was very cool!! Our baby actually looked like a little baby and was just precious. He/She has very chubby cheeks and somehow has been blessed with some full lips. Everything checked out great and the ultrasound tech said that it all looked "textbook". BIG sigh of relief :) She took all the measurements of the baby and reported that right now it's about 7 lbs. She did say this could be off a few ounces here and there but for the most part an ultrasound reading is pretty accurate. If that's the case and she is correct, we could be in for one big baby assuming I go another few weeks! As for what everyone is wondering....NO, she did not check "down there" as we informed her right away we still did not want to know the sex, so trust me when I say we couldn't see a thing. Now I know everyone on the planet thinks I'm having a boy and so do I, but from the looks of this little face I'm starting to think it might be a girl.....you make your own call!



Next we met with our Dr. who confirmed that everything looks good, I'm not dilated yet, and the head has come down slightly but not a ton. All that means is that unfortunately, labor is not eminent...sigh. So in the meantime, we will sit tight and anxiously await the arrival of our son or daughter :)

1 comment: